What is content marketing? Content marketing means generating and distributing valuable free content to attract and convert your target audience into clients, and clients into repeat clients.
The Content Marketing Institute defined content marketing as follows: Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly-defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action. The type of content you share is closely related to what you offer as a firm. You are busy educating prospective clients (and current clients) so that they know, like, and trust you enough to do business with you.
How can content marketing benefit my firm?
• Increased engagement with target audience – generating engagement with or responses from audiences will depend on the type of content and call-to-action. The right mix of content to the correct audience will create positive responses.
• Builds brand awareness – by communicating high quality content to your target audience you will generate higher levels of trust, authority, awareness and respect. All of this combined assists in building your brand awareness.
• Increases sales – the better your target audience understand the benefits they will gain from your firm, the more likely they are to become loyal customers.
• Establishes you as a leader – publishing valuable and high-quality content will establish you and your firm as experts in the industry. This will result in you influencing people’s opinions and actions.
• Generates more leads – by conducting an effective content marketing campaign, all your inbound digital traffic and engagement generation efforts can deliver better results. Firms with good campaigns, websites and blogs can generate up to three times more leads than competitors without it.
• Cheaper than traditional marketing – compared to other forms of marketing, content marketing can be more cost effective in delivering the results you want.
• Generates more website traffic – the power of content marketing for generating website traffic is providing your target audience with relevant information to a problem/need. The more pages and posts you have with relevant information, the higher the amount of traffic your website will generate.
• Produces more WOM (word-of-mouth) – WOM is one of the strongest marketing tools for any firm. Establishing your firm as a market leader through your content marketing will generate more WOM amongst your clients/potential clients and their contacts.
Go back to the top of the article and read the definition of content marketing one more time, but this time remove the words valuable, relevant and consistent. You will now understand the difference between content marketing and other informational “marketing” you get from companies and firms trying to sell products and services to you. That is what makes content marketing so fascinating in today’s environment where audiences get exposure to hundreds of marketing messages per day. Decent content marketing makes a person take the time to read and then act on the message.
For more information contact Francois Pretorius at email@example.com
This article is a general information sheet and should not be used or relied on as professional advice. No liability can be accepted for any errors or omissions nor for any loss or damage arising from reliance upon any information herein.